Monday, April 4, 2016

Take Time to Reflect on Life






This past week Sherri and I had a little rest and reflection with our kids during spring break . I thought I would share some of the thoughts that occurred to me while we enjoyed time together.  I like lists, lists are fun so….here goes.

1. Sabbath rest is both awesome and necessary.
Sometimes you need to know when to say: "It's time for some rest for the family and I." We spent most days at home together just enjoying the gift of our home and family. In past years we rushed to figure out what "great experience" we would give the kids.  This time we focused on justing being rather than doing.  Living room campouts, hide and go seek and a few movie nights were great simple things we enjoyed. 

2. I Love my Wife and Kids!
There is no one other than Jesus I would rather spend my time with.  The moments we laughed and giggled and snored with one another this week were awesome. Ephesians tells us that all families are named for our Father in heaven. If this week was just a glimpse of the eternal joy that awaits being with God forever, bring it on! 

3. I love Jesus!
Time away from work doesn’t equal time away from Jesus. Spending time with my bible and Jesus is precious to me. I was reminded of this again this week during a conversation with one of our Elders, He always knows the right questions to ask and the Holy Spirit gave me a great encouragement this week. Jesus first. 

4. I really love Oasis Community Church!
The family, community and relationships Sherri and I and the kids have with our family at Oasis are a true blessing from Jesus.  The community of love and care we have through the gospel is alive and well here.

5. There is still lots to do…
We have had a great wave of momentum coming out of Easter and the temptation to slow down and bask in the blessings is great, but now is the time to push forward on mission, in prayer and with great expectations.  Spring time is a time of planting and investing.  Who are you praying for and loving in Jesus name. 


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the words from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the words from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome words! It's so easy to always do do do rather than just BE and enjoy doing just that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm glad my words could give you some encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our family tries to do the same, which consists mostly of movie nights or game nights. My husband and I used to try to "give great experiences" for our kids too, but we learned, as a family, that it's not about material things. Our kids loved that we were a part of their lives and loved them unconditionally. That's what they remember. Thank you for reminding us parents the value of family! Not just at home, but everywhere. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our family tries to do the same, which consists mostly of movie nights or game nights. My husband and I used to try to "give great experiences" for our kids too, but we learned, as a family, that it's not about material things. Our kids loved that we were a part of their lives and loved them unconditionally. That's what they remember. Thank you for reminding us parents the value of family! Not just at home, but everywhere. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing Jeanette! That's a great way to raise your children. To be more focused on the experience, rather than things. God bless!

      Delete